Friday, January 22, 2010

I've been tagged for randomness

We're playing a game of tag here in the blog-o-sphere. And not one, but TWO people tagged me. MCM Mama and Libby both tagged me and gave me the Beautiful Blogger award. Instead of some long-winded acceptance speech, I get to tell you guys 7 random things about myself. I'll try to come up with some random stuff I haven't mentioned before.

Here we go...

1. I've only broken one bone in my entire life. I broke my right wrist in kindergarten. I wish I could say I was doing something super dangerous - but really, how dangerous and dare devil-like can a 5 year old get? - but I just fell off a piece of playground equipment. The boys were jumping off these concrete barrel things we had at my school, I was standing up there, peered over the edge and lost my balance. Fell down and broke the wrist.

2. I once managed to break down smack dab in the middle of an 80-mile stretch of road between exits on an Interstate. My friends and I were on our way back from Los Angeles after seeing the Badgers in the Rose Bowl. The tow truck driver asked which way we wanted to go. I told him, "Take us east."

3. My favorite color is blue. But there's an awful lot of red in my closet. Does it have anything to do with the fact that I'm a Badger? Hmmm.

4. I went out for cross country in middle school. I was in eighth grade so we had to run 1.5 miles. I quit after one season. I hated running long distances. But I was a hurdler through my freshman year. But I stopped because I used to get freaked out I'd hit my knee on the hurdle.

5. My brother is 4 1/2 years older than me. Who cares, right? Well, it means I have issues dating anyone older than my brother. Not sure what that means.

6. I tried living out of state away from my family. Graduated from college and got that whole, "I'm a big, independent adult" mentality. I moved to Indiana. Hated it. Moved back to Wisconsin after exactly 365 days. Not kidding.

7. I love flip flops. I wear them all summer long and only switch them out for my running/biking shoes. I wish shoemakers would come up with some kind of running flip flop. I'd be in heaven.

There we go. Seven, hopefully, random things that I haven't mentioned before. I hope you enjoyed. Now I'm supposed to tag 7 bloggy folks.

Mel at Tall Mom on the Run
Kristie at Vegan in Dairyland
Sarah at Chasing Iron
Lacey at Common Objects and Everyday Events
Runner Leana at Runner Leana
J at Morning Runner
Jess at Run Girl Run

*******

And what do you think of tutus? Do you like 'em? If so, head on over to Tall Mom on the Run's blog. She's got a super cool tutu giveaway going on.

And if tutus are you're style, what about Road IDs? They're a good tool to have if you're heading out on the bike or for a run or any other activity where it's good to have identification on you. Head over to Tricia's blog where she's got a giveaway going.

7 comments:

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Thanks for the tag and for the link love!! have a HAPPY birthday weekend!

Running Diva Mom said...

You crazy girl .... moving back here! All of our family is here, so we never will move away. But, we think of if EVERY STINKIN' WINTER!!!

teacherwoman said...

That was fun reading and getting to know you better! I used to say Blue was my favorite color, but I buy everything in red... red winter jacket, 2 red duffle bags, red water bottle, etc.. love red! And, no, I am not a badger fan. lol

MCM Mama said...

LOL, I'd love to move back to WI to be near my family, but my hubby is a southern boy and can't deal with the winters.

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) said...

GOOD LUCK with your tri and HAPPY ALMOST birthday!

J said...

Thanks for tagging me!! Your hurdling story is funny! I did hurdles in track. They can be intimidating!

No Longer Using said...

i love random info! thanks for the tag!!!!i love living close to my fam. i hate the winter but i put up with it for them :) AND i love flip flops. i think that goes hand in hand with hating winter hehe. i think there are running flip flops! or at least there are some marketed as such... but i got "Earth" fit flops because they have arch support and i compromised that if i'm going to wear flops all the time i should get some that don't kill my feet and legs in the long run. :)