Thursday, March 22, 2007

With murders, trials, verdicts, when do I get me time?

It's been kind of a long, hectic week at work. Needless to say, the arrival of the weekend tomorrow will be very much appreciated.

But spring has sprung and with it came warmer temperatures and nicer weather. Too bad I haven't been able to take too much advantage of it...until today.

Yesterday, although it was nice out and I wanted to lace up my sneakers and go for a run, I was stuck on verdict watch. Calling into the judge's office on the half hour to see if we had a verdict. Made it kind of difficult to just abandon my phone and go for a run, so I was stuck. Watching The Hills on MTV and waiting. And waiting.

Since I worked late yesterday, I had hours to burn today. And it was B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L outside. So I was antsy. I wanted to leave. But first I had to write. And write and write. Finally, as the clock struck 4:45 p.m., I put the final period on my stories, hit spell check and sent them over to the copy desk. And I left, before anything else could happen.

I came home and ran. It was nice to just be able to push all the murder and crime that I've been dealing with to the back of my head and think of nothing except the lyrics to The Killers CD which I was listening to as I ran. And the time, and miles flew by. I added on an extra block to my route that I've been running, so I was up to 3 miles. And the pace I was going must have been faster too, since it still took me 30 minutes, even though I went farther.

And now it's time to find something for dinner and an attempt to cram in last week's episode of Grey's Anatomy before this week's episode airs in 63 minutes.

No comments: