Monday, March 12, 2007

Bracket break down

It's been 24 hours since the NCAA tournament bracket was announced. Here are my thoughts.

* I hope Wisconsin got all of its cruddy play out of them yesterday in the Big Ten Championship game. That was painful to watch and I know they can play better than that. And they'll have to play better than that to advance to the second weekend.

* Speaking of second weekends, I wasn't happy to see Wisconsin placed in the same regional as Florida.

* Illinois should not have been invited to the dance. I'm sorry Illini fans, they just weren't that good.

* Besides my Badgers, the first-round game I'm most excited to see? The 8 vs. 9 match up between Marquette (8) and Michigan State (9). Needless to say, I'll be tuned into the tournament on Thursday night. Sorry Grey's Anatomy.

* In another 8/9 showdown, of course I'll pick Xavier to knock off BYU. Might have something to do with getting dumped for a Mormon.

* Buckeye fans, don't plan your trip to the Final Four in Atlanta. I think Texas A&M will take your slot instead.

* I still have a few days before my bracket needs to be completed and turned in. Once that happens, I might have a thought on who my Final Four are and who ultimately will win the national championship. Until then, that's all I have to say about the bracket.

No comments: