Friday, March 2, 2007

A little bit of this, a little bit of that

In deep announcer's voice: The following is what I did today.

* I worked the night shift, so that meant I didn't have to set my alarm to get up early. I could wake up at my leisure. What time did I wake up? 7:23 a.m. Yes, about 5 minutes later than I would have normally woken up. Needless to say, I did NOT crawl out of bed. No, I forced myself to go back to sleep for another hour and a half and finally got up at 9 a.m.

* After a breakfast of yogurt and graham crackers, I put on my sweats and made the trek over to the YMCA. I secured myself a treadmill and I started running to nowhere. It was a nice run to nowhere. I was only planning on doing a mile and a half, to make up for the run I skipped out on yesterday, but I ended up going 2 miles, which felt pretty good. Then I took a brisk walk for a few minutes and finished off with a half mile job at an incline. All in all, a good run to nowhere.

* I then came home, showered, made my bed and read while half watching Days of Our Lives. I totally would have finished the book I was reading, The Blade Itself, but I had to go to work.

* And since when does "occasional flurries" mean "it's going to snow all day, so be prepared for white out conditions when you drive home for your dinner break, super slippery roads and about 5 inches of new snow?"

* The Boy Who Wants to be a Cop called me while I was home for dinner. We chatted briefly since he was also on a break for work, but he said he'd call again either Saturday or Sunday. I'm such a girl, a short phone call made my evening. :)

* Now it's time to curl up with my book that I will finish tonight.

Deep announcer's voice: And that's how I spent my day.

No comments: