Monday, March 5, 2007

It wasn't on my list, but I couldn't resist

Tonight after work I stopped at a grocery store I don't normally shop at.

I went inside with a very short list: eggs and bread. See I had been craving an egg sandwich and I thought that sounded like a good option for dinner. Plus, in another day or two, I can make french toast with those ingredients.

But back to my shopping list.

I went in, got my eggs, which conveniently came in a 6-egg pack, much more user friendly for me since a dozen is way too many. I picked up some bread and was on my way to the check out.

But I got sidetracked in the bakery section.

There was the sign screaming they were $2.99.

I couldn't pass up the powdery goodness of the doughnut holes. Especially not for $2.99. So I caved. And I bought some.

And they were delicious. Even better than the egg sandwich I had been thinking about all day.

No comments: