Sunday, October 5, 2008

Today calls for bullet-points

It's late, it's Sunday and I'm tired. Too tired to form coherent thoughts. Therefore, you get a bullet-point post.
  • I went to my class reunion this weekend. 10 years. I can't believe it. Friday night we went to our school's homecoming football game. About 25 of us showed up and it was fun. Afterwards I went with three other classmates for a drink and catching up. Good times. Saturday was the big kid social gathering at a downtown bar. Lots of fun. I saw people I hadn't seen in 10 years. Most people looked the same and we remembered each other. But then there were also those who I talked to that neither of us had a clue who the other was, even though we were both wearing name tags. Oh well. A good time was had by all who came. And, I even won a door prize. A CD full of 90s R&B hits, some of which just might be added to the playlist on my iPod that I use at the YMCA. Brings back good memories.
  • I made the mistake of wearing a new pair of boots to the reunion. Word to the wise, don't do this. I don't think you're supposed to wear new shoes, stand in them for 7 hours and walk about two miles between bars. I think the blisters I have on the bottom of my feet prove that. Ouch.
  • I sat outside in the garage today to watch the Packer game. Even though it was only in the upper 50s and there was a bit of a wind. See our cable company and the local FOX affiliate aren't getting along. Meaning the channel isn't on cable. So my Dad rigged up the small TV in the garage with rabbit ears. It was the only way I could watch Green Bay lose. And it was cold.
  • And let's not even talk about the Badgers. Really? Another last minute loss? And the Brewers? Let's not go there either. Although congrats on at least making it to the post-season this year. It was a good season.
I think that's it. Time for bed.

No comments: