Saturday, January 26, 2008

She probably didn't have a valid license or insurance

Dear woman driving the silver car on the frontage road,

The next time you decide to rear end a driver who's sitting at a red light, it'd be nice if you pulled off of the busy road and at least spoke to the driver you rear ended.

Because I tried. After you hit me, I pointed at you to move off the busy street. But little did I know you'd just keep going straight. Oh wait, I forgot, the light was no longer red. It was now green and OK for you to just drive through.

Except here's my problem. I don't have your license plate number. Heck, I'm not even sure what kind of car you were driving. It could have been a Saturn. Or a Cavalier. Or even a Sunfire. All I know is that it was silver. And you were a woman. And you rear ended me.

So now I get to look forward to making sure my car isn't super messed up tomorrow. And I'll probably have to talk to the cops, even though I don't have a lot of information. Because if my car is messed up? I bet my insurance company will still want some type of police report.

All I ask is that the next time you decide not to pay attention to red lights and other vehicles that are stopped for them that you at least pull off and talk to the driver whose car you hit.

Not a happy driver,
The woman you hit

No comments: