Friday, January 18, 2008

I'd take the big fluffy blanket and a good book if I could

It's frigid outside. And tomorrow? The mercury in the thermometer might hit zero degrees, if we're lucky.

In other words, it's a perfect weekend to stay inside, curled up in my blanket with a book or a movie. And I'm lucky. Because I have books at home that I want to read. And the library was nice enough to get me copies of "Knocked Up" and the third "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie to watch. And I even spent some time in the library stacks, browsing through the classical music CDs. And I came across some good stuff that I like and haven't heard in a bunch of years.

So I could totally stay inside and be occupied by books, music and movies. And I'd be totally happy. And I'd still get some social interaction since The Coach and some friends are heading over to my apartment Sunday to witness the Packers winning the NFC Championship game.

But the wonderful Saturday I'm dreaming about? The one where I do nothing? It's not going to happen. Instead I get to work. Which means I have to venture out in the bone chilling cold. At least I don't have any assignment that will make me brave the cold for too long. I get to make appearances at two high school basketball games instead.

But still? A lazy Saturday full of books, music and movies? That sounds so much better. I guess I'll have to fill up my morning and evening with those things before heading into work for the night.

No comments: