Thursday, January 17, 2008

I'm almost ready for Sunday

It's been impossible this week to go anywhere and not see the colors green and gold. Or a big G. Or hear about the Packers.

Because there's a huge game this weekend at Lambeau Field. The Packers? They're fighting for a chance to go back to the Super Bowl for the first time since the late 1990s. All that stands between them is Eli Manning* and the New York Giants.

In other words? Sunday's game? It's huge. And it'll be a ton of fun.

Now here's the problem.

I'm set. I went with the girls from work today and I found myself a Packers T-shirt that I can wear, both to work tomorrow and for the big game on Sunday. I know, it sounds weird. Me, a Packers fan since I was little but I didn't own a T-shirt. My explanation? I do actually own a long-sleeved shirt. It's just about four sizes too big. So it doesn't really fit and that's why I needed to find a new one.

So I got the T-shirt and I can pair it with a pair of comfy jeans tomorrow for work since the bosses are letting us dress in Packers garb. And I picked up the ingredients for my cocktail weenies that I'm taking to our work pot luck we're having at lunch tomorrow.

Everything sounds good so far. Except for my plans Sunday. At this moment? I haven't got a clue what I'm doing for the game. It will involve a TV, because it's supposed to be bone-chilling cold and there's no way I could get my hands on, or afford, a ticket to Lambeau Field. But the question remains about who I'm going to be watching the game with. I usually don't make plans days in advance and this week was no exception. Yes, I'd love to have The Coach by my side as we watch the game. And being with other friends would be fun too. Part of me is toying with inviting some folks over to my apartment. One of those, bring a dish to pass type potluck things where we can all gather together, eat and just have a good time in general watching the Packers.

Because Sunday? That's a big day folks.

The idea's tempting. Maybe I'll sleep on it and make a decision before I go to work tomorrow.

I do know for sure that come Sunday I'll be decked out in my green and gold and cheering for the Packers. And a good time will be had.

* Eli Manning and I have this connection between us, mostly because he had to sit on my bench for the majority of my fantasy football season after playing poorly. And Eli and I have already had the talk that he doesn't even need to worry about guiding the Giants to victory Sunday. Because this game belongs to Brett Favre and the Packers. And Eli understands.

1 comment:

Deloris said...

I would like to see the Packers and Patriots play in the Super Bowl.

As much as I like the Patriots, I would like to see Brett win another one before he retires.