Thursday, January 24, 2008

And the number goes up

Today doesn't feel any different than any other day.

My alarm went off at 6:45 a.m. I hit snooze a couple of times before pouring myself some Cap 'n' Crunch and heading into the shower. I got ready for work, nearly froze to death while doing my morning work errands and eventually wandered into the office.

I sat down and stared at the pile of work lined up on my desk. Four stories. Phone calls. Two court hearings. It was going to be a busy day.

And then I was reminded.

"Happy birthday to you," a co-worker sang as she came up behind with a card for our boss. Then there were more "happy birthdays" from other co-workers. And let's not forget the delicious chocolate cupcakes that Mandy decided to make me (so tasty they are!).

But mostly the today was like any other day. Pretty standard. Once I finished work, I came home, made myself a decent dinner and chatted with my mom briefly. I thought about going to watch The Coach play basketball, but I didn't remember what time he played, so I'm crossing my fingers I'll get a chance to talk to him later on.

So far 28 doesn't seem too bad. And after the year I just had with 27? I'll be glad if it continues like this. Because honestly, 27 wasn't that great of a year. I spent way too much time in doctors offices and hospitals for my liking. This year I'm hoping to stay away from those place. I just want to have a good year, full of good times with friends and family and be happy. And so far, I am.

So, it was nice knowing you 27, but it's time for us to say goodbye. And hello 28. It's nice to meet you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

We should get together soon.

-Loots

Farrah said...

Twenty-eight was the year I began to fear thirty. I can't believe that was three years ago already. Enjoy every minute of the last two years of your twenties -- they go fast!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday again! We shall celebrate appropriately in T-minus 30 hours. Yes.

Badgergirl said...

Don't scare me Farrah! I don't want to live in fear for the next two years as I approach a new decade. :)

And MIG - we missed you last night.