Sunday, May 20, 2007

Tomorrow I go back to the world of work

It took me a bit longer to recover from The Great Neck Slicing of 2007 than I had originally planned. I had intended to go back last Tuesday, but after the doctor's decided to remove a golf ball from my neck, plans changed a bit since it hurt more and I could barely stay awake for more than 3 hours at a time. However, after a little over a week off from work, I'm heading back tomorrow.

And the gash will be in plain view.

That's right. No bandage, no tape. Nothing. Just the gash. Which, honestly doesn't look too bad, at least that's what everybody keeps telling me. Mom said if people didn't know it was there, they wouldn't even notice it. I don't think I would go that far, but I do have to agree, it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would.

So it's back to work for me. I'm a little worried though. Yesterday was the first day that I didn't take a nap in over a week and I struggled. I'm worried that I'm just going to be exhausted by noon and not be able to finish my day. But I'll take it easy, finish my stuff and hopefully I won't have to go chase any fires or murders.

Once the clock strikes quitting time, I know I can just come home, change into pajamas and relax for the rest of the evening.

All thanks to Mom.

She came came back to The City on the Water with me today. We did my grocery shopping and made dinner. In the process, before she left, she made sure there was not a piece of garbage left in my house, a piece of dirty clothing or a dirty dish. All because she said she wants to make sure all I have to do this week is go to work and rest.

Aww. My mom's sweet.

No comments: