Monday, May 7, 2007

I haven't run in these parts before

Even though I couldn't see the clouds of Lake Flies swarming in the air, I wasn't about to take a chance of inhaling more of them though.

So instead of running in my neighborhood, I came home, threw on a T-shirt and a pair of shorts and headed out to some paths I haven't run before. I trekked all the way across town to the Wiouwash Trail, a trail that I've been wanting to explore for a while.

I parked my car at one of the parking lots and off I went. I headed north on the trail and was running along side Lake Butte des Mortes. I went north for about two miles, passing the lake, running through a wooded area until I got to a highway interchange. At that point, I thought it was a good idea to turn around and head back towards the car since it was starting to get late.

Even though I was running alongside the lake, I didn't have to do battle with those nasty Lake Flies since they were no where to be found. But that doesn't mean there weren't any bugs. It was getting close to dusk, so there were all of these tiny little bugs flying around. They weren't too bad. They just kind of kept pelting me as I was running. I don't think I inhaled any of them, but they were so tiny, even if I had it wouldn't have been the end of the world, unlike the Lake Flies.

It was a good 4-mile run. I enjoyed the trail a bunch. There's a part of it that starts closer to town that I want to try, but I thought I'd leave that for another day. Maybe in a few weeks I can combine the two chunks for a nice long run.

No comments: