Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The shoes are calling my name

It was beautiful outside today. Sunny, temperatures in the low 80s, a nice breeze. And I got to leave the office before 5.

Sounds like a perfect day for a run.

Except I can't.

Remember, that whole neck slicing thing? I still have another 4 days before my doctor says I can lace up my sneakers and head out for a run.

But then I got home, sat outside and read a book for a while. And then it hit me. I knew it would happen, but I don't think I realized how much an 8 1/2 hour day of non-stop running between the courthouse and the office would drain me out, two days after I returned to work.

So it may have been beautiful outside and maybe I could hear my running shoes calling my name, but it's probably a good thing I couldn't run today. Otherwise I would have gone to bed tonight and never woken up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How frustrating! I guess a little delay beats death any day...keep up the recovery efforts!

Krista said...

P.S. daily tragedies, I promise I'm totally not a stalker, but your blog is hilarious.

Badgergirl said...

Me too. Daily Tragedies, I found your blog randomly, probably a link from someone else's blog.