Sunday, March 11, 2007

A weekend review

It's been a good weekend, not terribly exciting, but a good few days.

My good friend Lootsfoz from the 'burg came up to visit on Friday night. It's been about 2 months since I saw her, so I was excited to have the chance to spend the evening with her and catch up.

I was supposed to get out of work about 5, meaning I would have had about an hour to run an errand, come home and straighten up before she got here. In a perfect world it would have worked, but I didn't leave work until 5:45 p.m. and she was waiting at my door by the time I pulled into my apartment complex. Even though I was late, we had a good time. Made some pizza, watched the Badgers and chatted. There were plans for a movie, but gossiping ended up be so much more entertaining.

Saturday morning I headed up to Appleton to get an oil change and I stopped by and visited my parents for awhile. I left the car dealership with fresh oil, and the knowledge that the next service appointment in three months will be one of those expensive ones, where they have to deal with antifreeze and coolant fluids. I spent the afternoon puttering around my apartment. Making out my bills and watching the Badgers.

Last night I got together with my good friend Nicole. We met up at Vitale's, this Italian restaurant here in the City on the Water that we've both wanted to try. I got cheese ravioli and she got some dish with chicken, peppers, onions and mushrooms in a white wine sauce. The meal was quite tasty. Afterwards, we headed downtown to Brooklyn Grill and got martinis and chatted about boys, jobs and life. It was a good night.

Today I don't have many plans. I'm hoping to at least get a good start on cleaning my apartment today before the Big Ten Tournament championship game tips off. Then it's watching the Badgers take on Ohio State and the NCAA selection show.

No comments: