Friday, March 23, 2007

I've got a whole lot of nothing planned

I'm so glad it's the weekend. After the hectic, busy week I had at work, I just want to have the option to sit and do absolutely nothing if I want.

I left work at 4:30, even though I was supposed to be gone by 4. And on the way home, I picked up some cheesy bread from Papa Murphy's. I came home, threw the unbaked cheesy bread in the refrigerator, changed into some sweats and headed out the door for a 2 mile run.

I came home, showered, ate and now I'm getting ready to settle in for a night of nothingness.

I'm hoping to get some major reading done this weekend. It seems like I've been reading "Flags of Our Fathers" forever. It's the story about Iwo Jima and I'm too the point where they've captured the island and are about to do the big flag raising thing, so I'm over halfway done with the book, it's just taking me a long time. I'm really hoping I'll be able to finish it this weekend and start in on something else.

Other plans for the weekend include the dreaded trip to the grocery store (I can't put it off any longer...my cupboards are bare) and maybe a short run somewhere other than my neighborhood. Other than that, I'm ready for a relaxing weekend.

No comments: