Thursday, March 29, 2007

I've developed a fear of the treadmill

I road around with my gym bag in the car all week.

But I just couldn't make myself go to the YMCA. Not after the beautiful weather we've had recently and not after I've gotten used to running outside. I just don't know if I can do the running to nowhere on a treadmill again.

Monday was gorgeous. Almost 80, sunny. Needless to say I ran outside. Tuesday it was supposed to rain, so I packed my bag and took it with me to work, with the intention of hitting the YMCA. But I just couldn't. So I didn't go, although I justified not going because my calves were a little sore after Monday's 3.35 mile run. Wednesday came. It was cold and windy. Perfect indoor running weather. And although I left work late, I didn't have anything going on at night, so I really could have gone to the YMCA. But once again, I just couldn't make myself do it. So when I left work today and it was semi nice outside (about mid 50s and overcast), I decided to take advantage of it and run outside. I wasn't planning on going far, but I ended up doing the same 3.35 mile route I took Monday.

But I think I really will have to reacquaint myself with the treadmill this weekend, since it's supposed to be rainy. And next week doesn't look too promising temperature wise. I'll just have to enjoy the outdoors while I can.

No comments: