Sunday, March 25, 2007

I spent my weekend putzing around

When 4 p.m. hit on Friday, I left the office with no specific plans for the weekend. I was just going to putter around and do whatever I felt like.

So far, mission accomplished.

Yesterday was gorgeous outside. I woke up around 10 a.m., showered and headed out the door to do the dreaded grocery shopping. Yeah, that's an hour of my life I'll never get back. Maybe I'd enjoy grocery shopping more if I actually knew how to cook. But I don't. So I find myself buying the same things all the time - macaroni and cheese, pasta, some french bread pizza, cereal and yogurt. Not too exciting. Maybe that should be a goal of mine. Learn to cook. But then I run across the problem of cooking for one. Not fun and recipes always assume you're making food for multiple mouths, and since I'm not a big fan of leftovers for days, not a good idea. Oh well.

After the trip to the grocery store, I decided it was time to pull down my chair for the patio. Of course it needed a good bath to get all the cobwebs and dirt of of it, so I washed it up, set it up to dry and then went for a run. When I came back, I put my now clean chair to use and sat out on my patio and read.

I got together with my friend Nicole later in the evening and when I got home, I finished "Flags of Our Fathers" like I was hoping to.

Today I have a morning of laundry planned and then I'm heading up to my parents' house for the rest of the day. My mom and I have an exciting trip to Fleet Farm planned (as geeky as it sounds, I'm kind of excited, I haven't been in the new Fleet Farm in Appleton yet and it's ginormous!) as well as a few other stores.

Later, we're going to dinner at Uno Chicago Grill. It was one of my favorite resturants when I was going to school in Madison and it just opened in Appleton. Since they erected the sign way back in October, I've been craving a four cheese pizza, my favorite. I'll just have to cross my fingers the resturant is really open and all those cars my mom saw there weren't just for an employee training session!

2 comments:

Rays profile said...

Where is it in Appleton? My wife loves to go there when we're in Mad City.

Badgergirl said...

Highway 441 and CE, right in front of the new Festival Foods and Lowe's.