Wednesday, March 14, 2007

And that's what I did on a day off

Since it was 60 degrees yesterday, I enjoyed the day by not working.

Well, technically it was my day off for working this weekend, but I have to admit, I planned it nicely to coincide with beautiful temperatures.

I spent the day up in Appleton. I spent a good chunk of the day with my mom, going out to lunch, doing a little shopping and getting my eyebrows waxed. I even spent a part of the day on the phone, dealing with the people who have control over my old 401(k), since it would be nice to roll it over into my new plan.

The rest of the day was spent with The Rugrats. We took a walk and played outside. And of course, since they're 4 and 2, they wanted to play on their swing set, which is in the backyard, which of course is covered in a layer of water since over a foot of snow has melted in the past two days. They were prepared; they had their boots on. I was not. But I was the good aunt, I sucked it up, went into the backyard and pushed them on the swings. And surprisingly, my shoes (and feet), didn't suffer too badly.

No comments: