Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Turning 3 days into 4

So my plans to get back on track over the holiday weekend? Didn't really happen.

But I did manage to sneak a four day weekend out of it all. So what did happen?

Well I took off the for the long weekend on Friday after work. Loaded up bike and gear and headed out to my parents' house. Took it easy on Friday night, just enjoyed some dinner and a bit of reading time.

Saturday was warm. And humid. But not too terrible. I had plans to go for a run in the late afternoon, but I got sucked into watching some awful Lifetime movie. Thinking back, I can't even tell you what it was about. It was that bad. Something makes me think it was about a journalist wanting a better life, but I could be wrong. So I missed my run, but I did get some time in on my bike. Not quite as long as I'd like, but miles were biked.

Sunday was awful. Hot. Humid. Blazing sun. And considering I did spend a good chunk of the day sitting outside, I probably should have just run. Or biked. But I didn't. By the time it was cooling off enough it was time to gather some wood and start a fire in my parents' backyard. I couldn't pass that up.

And Memorial Day? The day I had been looking forward to all weekend. Cooler temperatures and no humidity? I had it planned out in my head the night before as I sat in front of the fire. A run in the morning. Some downtime and a good bike ride in the afternoon before finishing off the day with brats on the grill and heading back home.

Yup. Didn't work out that way at all.

I woke up with a throbbing headache. The kind I haven't had in a long time. But it got worse. Let's just say the breakfast cereal I ate? It didn't taste so good the second time. Yuck. With a throbbing head and a queasy stomach, I went back to bed. Slept some more. Eventually made it out to the living room where I proceeded to watch way too many episodes of TLC's Cake Boss.

And since I still didn't feel the greatest and the head was still bothering me a bit Tuesday when I woke up for work, I decided to call in sick. I stayed pretty low key on Tuesday, mostly watching TV and putzing - Mom forbid me from running or biking - and eventually had my brat before heading back home.

So I didn't quite get back into a workout routine this weekend, but I blame it on the heat, humidity and whatever bug took up residence in my head and stomach. The time to get back on track starts now.

6 comments:

MCM Mama said...

Sounds like you needed the break. Hope your head is feeling better now!

J said...

Hope you are feeling back to normal and will be able to get back to working out.

Anonymous said...

Aww, bummer! I hope you're feeling better today.

Marlene said...

Hope you're feeling better and that the weather is more manageable this week!

Daily Tragedies said...

Sorry about the icky weekend. I watched way too many episodes of Cake Boss, too!

Nat said...

It's always good to recharge so don't feel bad about that! Sounds like an awful migraine - at least that's what happens to me when I get mine. I'm wiped for days before and days after with the stomach stuff and pounding head. They are awful. What is this TLC Cake Boss? I am scared to check it out as well, I LOVE CAKE.