Thursday, June 17, 2010

Three Things Thursday

1. I woke up with Lady Gaga's "Alejandro" in my head. And it stayed in my head. All. Day. I could blame it on the early hour that my alarm went off. But I blame it mostly on my Dad, since that's what was blaring from his garage stereo last night when I left their house.

2. I picked up the copy of Dean Karnazes' Ultra Marathon Man: Confessions of an All-Night Runner that the library told me was waiting for me. I want to read it so bad, but first I've got to finish up Broken: My Story of Addiction and Redemption, a memoir a cocaine addict wrote about his addiction and path to recovery. He's just had his first big relapse, so I'm thinking I'm getting close to wrapping it up. Hopefully this weekend.

3. Was going to go for a short run tonight, but the legs are feeling a tiny bit sore after last night's bike ride. So I opted to take the day off and rest up for Saturday's race. Instead I'll spend some time tonight gathering my gear and stuff I'll need for this weekend so I don't have to do it tomorrow night after work.

4 comments:

Jill said...

I used to be addicted to the show "Addicted" and was always fascinated how people become so well.. addicted... to drugs. I bet the book is interesting! Good luck with your race on Saturday, run strong!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Interesting books! I'm just starting to get into the non-fiction genre and I'm really enjoying it. The experience is very different from reading a novel and I feel like I'm coming away from it all so much more informed. Novels are great for a mental escape from reality, but it's good to stimulate the mind a bit too! :)

Tricia said...

hope you are having a great weekend!

J said...

I loved all Dean's books! He is great! Hope the race went well!