Thursday, June 24, 2010

Three Things Thursday

1. I finished Ultramarathon Man: Confessions of an All-Night Runner by Dean Karnazes last night. A lot of you have probably already read it, but I'm a bit behind on the running-related reading material. Anyway. LOVED the book and Karnazes' writing style. Must get my hands on his 50/50: Secrets I Learned Running 50 Marathons in 50 Days.

2. Chickenfest has arrived! The annual festival that I go to up by my parents' house actually started tonight with some live music, but I'm missing it. There's no question I'll be heading up for the weekend after work tomorrow. How can I pass up fireworks, a parade, music and the chicken dance - every hour on the hour?

3. When I'm not hanging out at Chickenfest there will be some biking and running happening. Hoping to get a run or two in this weekend (since I bailed on my run tonight). I actually might head over to High Cliff State Park again this weekend, tackle the cliff road and do some running on the trails. Last weekend's triathlon reminded me how much I liked running on those park trails.

5 comments:

Carolina John said...

chickenfest sounds like a chickenblast!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend you have planned. I've yet to read any running related books (I'm usually drawn more towards fiction - I like the escape), but they've been getting so much buzz, I think I'll have to check 'em out.

J said...

I loved reading Dean's books too! They are just so interesting and he is a good writer!

Hope you have a great weekend!

MCM Mama said...

Only in Wisconsin would there be hourly chicken dancing. ;o)

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) said...

I think Chickenfest would be an awesomely fun time. (Ultramarathoning: not so much...)