Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A game of catch up

It's been a few days. I've been busy, meaning I've had no time to blog. So tonight? I'm bring you a bullet point style post that will hopefully fill you in on what's been going on.
  • For the life of me, I can't remember what happened, but I didn't run last Thursday. Oops.
  • I did run on Sunday though. My first run in a week. And it was brutal. Temps were only in the mid-60s and it wasn't even sunny. But it was wicked HUMID! I did 4 miles and that last mile, all I wanted to do was quit. By the time I got home, I was drenched. Sweat rolling off of every body part imaginable. Felt like I just stepped out of the shower. Ugh.
  • I think it's rained 13 out of 15 days so far this month. And if it isn't raining it's been gloomy. Looking like it's going to start pouring any moment. Mother Nature, could you send us some sun. And some warmer temps? 
  • Tonight's run was better. Granted it was indoors on the treadmill because - surprise - it was raining. Run felt pretty good. 4.55 miles in about 45 minutes.
  • The High Cliff Triathlon is this weekend. Planning on heading up to my parents' house (which is near the race site) tomorrow after work to get in one last, good ride. I'm determined to ride that dang cliff road at least once before race day.
  • There might be a short run or swim on Thursday. Then it's expo time on Friday and race day Saturday. Hopefully Mother Nature is in a good mood.
  • My Google Reader is going crazy with unread posts. Hopefully I'll be able to make a dent in it this weekend.
Now I've got laundry to put away, a gym bag to pack and a book to read.

5 comments:

J said...

Good luck at the Tri this weekend!!

Marlene said...

Good luck at the triathlon!

Runner Leana said...

I so know what you mean about rain and gloom. It feels like it has been that way here most of June. We will have one really fantastic day, then it is yucky the rest of the week. Makes riding outside really hard!! I hope, for both of us, that it improves soon!!

Best of luck this weekend! When you ride up that hill I find it helps to sing "She'll be coming 'round the mountain" in my head. And the faster I sign (inside my head) the faster the pedals move. Before you know it, you'll be at the top!

Jess said...

It's been wicked humid here lately too. Nice job pushing through and finishing strong even though it's gross out.

Running Diva Mom said...

Keep me posted on your High Cliff plans -- hope to catch up with you at the race. Hubby is doing the 1/2 and we'll be playing at the park/beach most of the day while we wait for him to finish. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!!!! It's supposed be beautiful, but warm again this year! :-)