Sunday, April 27, 2008

Triathlon training: Week 1

Call me a slacker. Because Week 1 of my triathlon training? It didn't go so well.

I ran. Once. It was three miles.

And that was the extent of my training. Oh wait. I did manage to sneak in that really important rest day on Friday.

That was it. One run and a bunch of non-scheduled rest days. It was kind of a crazy week, I had a lot of stuff going on, making it hard to get to the YMCA after work. And this weekend was just nasty outside and that didn't help with the motivation.

But I promise. Week 2 will be better. I'm planning on fitting in a run and a swim after work tomorrow. And I'll get back on track. And then I'll have stuff to write about.

2 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Damn girl! Week two will rock your world! :)

I so wish I was doing that Tri... Just didn't work with my schedule and teaching summer school. NEXT year.

Badgergirl said...

I'm getting excited for it. And lucky for me, it happens to fall at the beginning of my week of vacation. So I'll have a week off of work to recover afterwards. :)