Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Good thing I didn't wear white

The pink tank top I was wearing? It was drenched.

Thankfully, it's one of those Under Armour ones, the kind that is supposed to wick away the sweat, so it's not like the sweat was dripping off my tank top or like I was wearing something I had just pulled out of the washing machine mid-spin cycle.

But still. It was wet. And yes, there was sweat rolling down my arms and neck. And the ponytail I had in? Yeah, my hair was a bit drippy.

But I felt good. I probably didn't smell very good. But even though my legs were weary, I was sweaty and stinky, I felt productive. Like I had accomplished something.

Which I guess I did.

The training program I'm following called for a 45-minute bike followed by some weights and an "optional" run. What I'd do? I started with a 2.1 mile run on the treadmill, followed it with the 45-minutes on the bike, during which I covered 11 miles and plowed through a sizeable chunk of "Atonement." And then, even though I was sweaty and my legs were starting to feel the burn, I wandered over into the land of weights and lifted for a bit.

Not a bad night at the YMCA if I do say.

No comments: