Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Can the paparazzi swim?

It's been a long two days of playing paparazzi.

Yesterday there was gunfire and movie stars. Today? I chased coach buses out of town and followed them to an "undisclosed" location in another part of the county where shooting was going to be taking place.

And let's not even talk about coming back to the office and writing stories with a 1930s style. While what I wrote ended up sounding OK, it was tough. It required a bit too much thought considering I woke up before the crack of dawn at 4:55 a.m. the last two mornings.

So by the time the clock hit 3 p.m. today, all I wanted was some me time.

And when I finally walked out the door an hour later, I headed straight over to the YMCA. Some mindless time on the treadmill to nowhere sounded kind of appealing. So I ran. I logged three miles tonight and followed it up with some time on the bike. Although I have to admit, what I really wanted to do was swim for a little while. Unfortunately I got to the YMCA too late and all the lap lanes were being used for swimming lessons and I didn't want to stick around an extra hour until they opened back up for laps. So I skipped the pool. But hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to swim.

Now it's time to curl up in my chair, watch some mindless TV and later read a book. And tomorrow? I'm a lucky girl. I get to sleep and extra two hours. Which means it'll actually be light out when I wake up. So exciting.

2 comments:

MWGirl said...

I got up at 4:30 today. Yikes.

Badgergirl said...

That's very, very early. Almost makes me wonder if it was worth going to bed.