Monday, April 21, 2008

Training or slacking? Which do you prefer?

And on Day 1 I slacked.

Today was supposed to be Day 1 of my 12-week triathlon training program that I'm going to be following in order to prepare for the Danskin Triathlon I'm doing in July.

It wasn't even supposed to be a difficult day. The training grid called for a short 20 minute swim. And I was going to add a short run to it. And I had good intentions all day. My gym bag was packed and it sat in the backseat of my car all afternoon.

But it was so nice outside today. And then I got stuck at work late. And my feet kind of hurt from the ballet-type slippers I decided to wear today. And I was hungry. I was bit crabby and my head was starting to hurt a bit.

So instead of going to the YMCA after I finally left the office, I got in my car, ran an errand and came home.

And that's how I started my training program off on the wrong foot. By slacking.

Tomorrow's another day though. The grid calls for a 30 minute run. Maybe I'll try to sneak the swim in as well. It's better late than never. Right? Besides, I still have 12 weeks. Lots of time.

1 comment:

teacherwoman said...

Mondays are so hard to get out there and do something ... almost as hard as Fridays. But, for how much I tend to SLACK on the weekends, I HAVE to push my ass to the gym on Mondays...

I hope today was better! :)