Monday, April 7, 2008

Race day's almost here?

A handful of days.

That's all the time I've got left before the Oshkosh 5K this weekend.

I'm not too worried. I know I can cover the 3 miles, heck I did it tonight at the YMCA with no problems. But at the same time, the race arrived so quickly. It doesn't seem like it should be here yet.

I'll be excited to line up with the other runners on Saturday morning, waiting for the starting gun to go off. But there will be a little piece of me that's disappointed. Because I was originally planning on running the half marathon. But that plan got left on the side of the road when my head almost made me die in December. So my half marathon plans have to wait until the fall.

But the 5K on Saturday? It will be fun. I won't be the fastest runner out there and I might not run it as quickly as I did last spring, but I'll finish. And I'll have a good time.

3 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Enjoy the 5K on Saturday! I think you will do great!

MWGirl said...

I don't think I'll be as fast as last year. My shin HURTS. But I think I'm gonna do the whole 3.1 tonight, a short run on Thursday and call myself prepared.

Deloris said...

Good luck on your 5K Saturday.