Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The beds could have been a bit more comfy

Cardboard boxes can be useful.

They store stuff, which is helpful when you're moving. Or they can serve as a make shift table. And you can pile stuff on them. When you're unpacking and need a break? A closed cardboard box can serve as a nice footrest. There are a lot of uses for cardboard boxes.

Sleeping? Not one of them.

Yet that's what I was worried I was going to have to do. Either sleep in a cardboard box or in my car. The night before a triathlon. Which doesn't sound so appealing. And I don't think I'd get a very good night's rest. And my mom? She wouldn't be coming to watch me.

But I was worried that I'd be staying at the Cardboard Box Inn. Because all of the hotels in Pleasant Prairie and Kenosha area? Full. Not a single room available the night before the triathlon I'm doing in July.

So I broadened my search. Included places in Racine. And I was running into the same problem there. But tonight? I got lucky. I found a room. At the Ramada Limited. And it has a bed. And is non-smoking. And there's a pool and even a free breakfast in the morning.

And now there's a room with my name on it for July 12.

For those of you still looking for a place to stay that night, I hear there's still some vacancies at the Cardboard Box Inn. Classy place too, but sadly, no pool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that the one off of Hwy 20 in Sturtevant/Racine?

This is one of the few times that I'm actually glad to live in Kenosha :)

Badgergirl said...

Um, I think the guy told me it's off exit 333. I'm not sure if that's Highway 20 or not. But the hotel is in Sturtevant.

Anonymous said...

Yep, I'm pretty sure that's Hwy 20 then.

That's not *too* far from the dog track -- where I think we have to park this year. And I'm sure it beats sleeping at one of the seedy hotels off Hwy 50!