- I shot the Bad Guy 4 out of 6 times in the face. My first attempt at ever shooting a gun.
- I also got Tased that night.
- We've learned how to lift fingerprints from evidence.
- We played hide and seek in the county's old jail, with fake guns. It was an attempt to teach us how to clear rooms. I got to hide in a nasty corner of the jail, where the window sill was covered in a one-inch layer of dead bugs.
- We learned about traffic stops and arrest tactics.
And this week? Well first we got to be negotiators. The folks who try to get the crazy, armed people to come out of a building without killing anyone or themselves. The crazy I had to deal with, "Dennis," demanded that I provide him with a helicopter, Snoop Dog and Ted Nugent. Hmm. Oh, and he wanted a cold pizza. "Dennis" eventually came out of the Walgreens, without killing any of his hostages. Although he did get a bit perturbed when I chuckled. Seriously, Snoop Dog? Flying a helicopter?
But after learning how to negotiate, it was time to play dress up. In SWAT gear. Which by the way, it very heavy. And quite bulky. But check out that gun!