Friday, October 5, 2007

I need to pay to drive on your road?

I'm anxious. Ready to pack up my work stuff, head home and throw some clothes in a bag.

Because this weekend? I'm off to the Windy City, to visit my college roommate. And I'm excited. It's been too long since The Roommate and I hung out for a weekend.

And we've got fun stuff planned.

Upon my arrival, the plan is to hit up some Chicago bars for a good ole girls night at the pub. And tomorrow, there may be a run along the Lake Michigan shoreline and a hike in the afternoon. We might hit up an improv show at night. The plan also includes some Chicago Marathon viewing - hopefully no runners keel over in front of us because I don't know CPR and it's supposed to be HOT! And don't food, because food? It's good.

So I'm super excited for my weekend trip. It will be fun.

But first, I need to finish up work, throw my clothes in a bag and navigate the Illinois Tollway, even though I kind of think it's ridiculous that the State of Illinois charges me to drive on its highways.

No comments: