Thursday, May 3, 2007

Where were these 24 hours ago?

I'm slightly annoyed.

Remember yesterday, my day off? The day where I didn't do a whole lot, but did manage to make a trip to the library? A trip that was mostly to return some items, but also wander around a bit, looking for something that caught my eye?

And I wandered. And picked up two DVDs (In Her Shoes and Ladder 49) and a book (Off Main Street: Barnstormers, Prophets & Gatemouth's Gator by Michael Perry). And then I brought them home, with the intention of watching the movies sometime this week and reading the book after I get done with Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

Now the fine folks at the library decide to send me not one, but two e-mails informing me that some items I had put holds on are now in. In fact, one of them was there yesterday. It just conveniently showed up after I left the library with my loot.

So now I have to go back to the library. And it's not like it's on the other side of town, because honestly, it's two blocks from where I work.

That's not why I'm annoyed.

It's the fact that I have to go back, without anything to trade them for. And that means my pile is going to grow. And that's a lot of return dates to remember. One date for the two DVDs I picked up yesterday, a date for a CD I already had checked out, a date for the book I picked up and now I'll end up with with two more due dates for the two items that are waiting there for me.

That's a lot to remember.

No comments: