Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The pages aren't turning

I'm almost embarrassed to say this, but it's almost the end of the month and I've only finished one book.

One.

Uno.

Five minus four.

This isn't good.

There are pages left for me to read in entertaining Michael Perry essays and I still have a few more great moments from Camp Randall Stadium to read about. And don't even get me started on Harry and his adventures at Hogwarts. I've finished three, but now the three longest years are sitting staring me in the face and according to the calendar, the release date for final book is creeping up way faster than I thought.

I'm going to blame my lack of reading on The Great Neck Slicing of 2007, because it's kind of pointless to read when your drugged up on morphine or Tylenol with codeine (good stuff) because inevitably, you read three or four pages, fall asleep and promptly forget everything you just read. At least that's what happened to me.

But the recovery? I'm well on my way to recovery and not taking any sleep inducing drugs. So falling asleep and forgetting what I just read shouldn't be a problem anymore. I can read again people! Last night I did a good chunk of reading. I've only got the four greatest moments left to read about. Hopefully I'll finish them soon, maybe even tonight. Then it's just another 100 or so pages of the Michael Perry essays, which I highly recommend by the way, and then I can give Harry some more undivided attention.

Now, it's off to read about moment 4.

No comments: