Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Is this clock working?

That seemed like the longest 30 minutes of my life. And the 3 miles I ran? Seemed like it was never going to end!

Welcome back to running on the treadmill to nowhere. Literally.

Maybe it's because I've discovered how much I enjoy running outside, but a run on the treadmill was never that painful before. It used to be actually somewhat enjoyable. But today? It was awful. The numbers couldn't flip fast enough. And my eyes? It was like they were glued to the electronic readout.

Did I mention that was a very long 3 mile run?

Yeah, but I just wasn't really up to running outside in 30 degree weather with winds in the 25 mile per hour range. Something about that just wasn't appealing. Hence, my reintroduction to the treadmill.

I'll be crossing my fingers it gets nice out again soon, because that was painfully long today.

Maybe it wasn't just the run on the treadmill though. Because it seemed like the entire day dragged by in slow motion today. I'm telling you, the minute hand just wasn't moving -- not that I was watching it all day.

No comments: