Tuesday, April 10, 2007

But what should I do now?

Dear Harry,

I've run into a dilemma. See, remember a while ago I vowed to reread books 1 through 6 about your adventures at Hogwarts in preparation for the final installment?

Well I've just begun book 2. And just begun is the key word. You've just had an unfortunate run in with Dobby the house elf and now you've noticed Ron Weasley outside you bedroom window, waiting to break you out. Heck, you haven't even gotten to Hogwarts yet!

And now the nice folks at the library have decided to send me an e-mail, letting me know that two of the books I'd requested are ready for my reading pleasure. The dilemma? Do I finish up your second year at Hogwarts and then take a break from your adventures for a bit so that I can read the books that I've had on hold for what seems like forever? Or do I pass up the holds and wait until my name comes up on the list again?

I have to be honest, I'm leaning towards reading the books I have on hold next.

So Harry, I'm asking your permission. Is is OK if we take a break? I promise it won't be long, two, maybe three weeks max. And then I'll be back, to reread about the rest of your adventures at Hogwarts.

Hearing no immediate answer (and no owls have swooped into my apartment), I'm going to assume that means it's OK with you. But first I'll enjoy your second year at Hogwarts because it's only fair to finish a book once I've started it.

Sincerely,
The girl who reads

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL

Harry's been on my mind lately, I'm still hooked on the HP2 Gameboy game.

-Amanda