Friday, April 13, 2007

And the starting gun's almost ready to go off

It's almost here.

The 5K.

In about 13 hours and 30 minutes, I'll line up with the rest of the runners to run 3.1 miles through the streets. A distance I hope to finish in just over a half hour.

I feel ready. The work I've done the past 8 weeks or so has helped. And I feel good. I know I'm not going to break any speed records, but it's been a while since I've been able to say I can run 3 miles without keeling over. Instead, I finish and still feel pretty good like I could go farther.

And this afternoon, my running cohorts and I went and picked up our stuff. We got our shirts and a variety of other goodies, including key chains, energy jelly beans and something called "sore no more." And of course our race number. Tomorrow I'll be sporting bib number 1077.

And the weather man is saying it's going to be nice tomorrow. So we'll hope he's right for once.

To all the runners out there...see you at the starting line!

No comments: