Monday, April 9, 2007

The holiday with the bunny

After being forgotten by the Easter Bunny the past few years, he remembered that I existed this year. Except he must not have gotten my change of address information, because my "basket" ended up at my parents' house.

And I must say, the rabbit did a pretty good job this year. He knows I'm not a huge candy person, but I absolutely can't pass up any chocolate and peanut butter combination. The six-pack of Reese's Peanut Butter eggs? To die for. And the sour Starburst jelly beans? Tastefully sour. Knowing that was just enough sugar and chocolaty goodness for me, the rabbit must have left the candy aisle and ventured into the DVD section, where he picked up a copy of Happy Feet for me. While I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, how can you not fall in love with a tap dancing penguin?

But I know Easter isn't all about the rabbit. In fact, I wouldn't have minded if the Easter Bunny forgot about me this year, because I was lucky enough to get to spend the day with the people who matter most to me: my family. We did Easter dinner with my mom's side of the family and enjoyed some tasty ham and other Easter staples. Afterwards, we stopped by my aunt and uncle's house on my dad's side and got the chance to visit for awhile. Finally, it was off to see The Rugrats for a bit.

All in all, a good Easter holiday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, was it you who took all the Reese's eggs from my candy dish since you only got 6 of your own?

Badgergirl said...

Not I. The six-pack of Reese's eggs was fine for me.