Thursday, January 12, 2012

Three Things Thursday

1. Nothing like going from capri-wearing 50 degree weather to mid-20s and snow in a period of 24 hours. Oh well, such is weather in Wisconsin. Since it was still snowing pretty heavily, blowing and dark when I got out of work tonight I opted to get my run in on the treadmill at the YMCA. Nothing too exciting about the run. 5 miles. A decent pace. And a somewhat cranky IT band. Hmmm. Hasn't been bothering me too much lately. Also haven't been running on the treadmill lately. Coincidence? Maybe. But making a mental note to spend some quality time with my foam roller yet tonight.

2. After I got done with my run I wandered over into the weights area. GASP! And I even did a few reps on some of the machines! GASP! Not gonna lie though. I'm a little bit intimidated in that area. Especially since the  machines are new and I'm not quite sure what everything does. What I do know is that I need to figure out some kind of strength training routine. Because I think it will help if I incorporate that into my training. After I got freaked out in the land of weights, I headed back into the cardio room and spent 15 minutes on the stationary bike. Call it cross training if you want, but really it was an excuse to catch some of the Badger basketball game.

3. Speaking of Badgers and basketball. Yes, they won tonight. Snapping a three-game losing streak. And the added bonus was that the win came on the road. But that's not the important thing. On Sunday I get to see Renee! We're going to the Kohl Center to see the Badgers take on Nebraska. But we're meeting early to watch some football - hello the Packers are playing - and talk about all sorts of things, not limited to but including Badgers, running, triathlons, Ragnar Chicago and Revenge. Can't. Wait.

2 comments:

Renee said...

Yay! I can't wait for Sunday. I will be decked out in green, gold and red.

Carolina John said...

wow, 20's and snow already. That happens quick, huh?