Wednesday, January 11, 2012

24 hours later, I'm much happier

 It's kind of hard to find a picture of a happy badger, they're all kind of angry. But he looks kind of happy to just be chillin' in the grass. 

What a difference a run makes.

After being somewhat crabby and resembling on angry Badger the last two days, tonight I'm much happier. It's amazing what 4.5 miles in the darkness with my running shoes can do. Let's not even talk about the fact that I ran that 4.5 miles outside in a pair of capris. In January. In Wisconsin.

It was glorious.

I probably could have even ditched the jacket and just gone with long-sleeves, but I thought I better wear the Brooks Nightlife jacket since it was almost 6 p.m. and pretty dark out. Don't want to become roadkill. I won't become too used to the running attire I was sporting tonight. If the weatherman is right, I should wake up to a fresh layer of snow tomorrow morning and by the time it's all done, there should be 5-8 inches of the white stuff on the ground. Yes, I'm looking forward to this.

Another plus to the run? I almost have perfected the snot rocket. It never fails, whenever I run, my nose runs too. I don't have to be sick or battling allergies. My nose just runs. And in the summer I'm usually wiping it with my shirt. This becomes a bit tougher in the winter and I usually end up using my gloves. But tonight since it was so balmy I didn't even bring my gloves and the jacket sleeves? A bit rough on my nose. So I paused for a moment and tried out my snot rocket capabilities. Not too shabby. Now I just have to perfect it without having to stop while running.

1 comment:

Carolina John said...

nice, a good run makes everything feel better.