Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Reading Recap: January

I swear. It seems like months just fly by. Here it is, the end of January already and it's time for the first reading recap of 2012.

I finished three books in January for a total of 904 pages. That's very similar to January 2011 when I finished three books and 916 pages. Creepy really. Obviously the year is young, but for those of you keeping track, I've got to finish 37 more books before the end of 2012 if I want to hit that yearly goal of 40 books.

What I finish in January?

In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
Ruthless by Sara Shepard
Another Hill to Climb by Bo Ryan with Rick Reilly

Started out the year with a great book by Capote about a quadruple murder in Kansas, moved on to some young adult chick lit and finished up with a book by the Badgers' head coach Bo Ryan about his move up through the coaching ranks and why he approaches coaching the way he does. A good read and picked up a few good pointers that could apply to sports other than basketball.

And to start February, I picked up this:


It's a bit long, but I've heard good things about it. Hoping to get it finished by mid-month. Hopefully. Tell me, what are you reading?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cutting for Stone is on my to-read list. I'm currently going between "Gossip Girl" and "A Widow's Walk." Both are good but very different. :)

Rachel said...

I'm reading "In the Garden on Beasts" by Erik Larson. Just started it! :)

I like your book updates - helps me get an idea of what I might like to read next. That Capote book sounds good.

Deloris said...

I'm reading Cleopatra by Stacy Schiff. Up next is a YA novel: Summer in the City by Candace Bushnell.