Thursday, August 28, 2008

I don't usually stop in the middle of a book

I like murder and mayhem.

Throw in a World's Fair and that's what The Devil in the White City was promising me. So I started reading it.

But I'm just 200 pages into it and I need to put it down. Not because I don't like the book, because I do. And not because I can't handle the murder or mayhem. Because I can.

It's just that the library e-mailed me this morning. Seems like my name has come up on one of my holds: Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer. I was surprised. Because when I put my name on the list, I was number 99. And considering the book hasn't been out that long, I thought I'd be waiting a lot longer before I got my hands on a copy.

But it's in my possession now. And it's mine for the next two weeks.

So I have to put aside the murder and mayhem at the World's Fair. Because right now? Well, the vampires are calling.

4 comments:

Raina said...

Boy, I wish I had the patience to read like you do. Go enjoy!

teacherwoman said...

LOL! Enjoy the book(s)!

Erin said...

Color me jealous! Or, thanks, I'm going to go get in the e-line to read it now.

Bethany K. Warner said...

Have fun with Bella, Edward and Jacob! E-mail me when you finish it... I'm curious what you think.