Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Putting cash into my other mode of transportation

It's days like today that I wish I didn't really need to have a car.

I had to take my car into the auto mechanic this morning before work. Turns out when those check engine lights go on you should really get it checked out. See for the last 3 or 4 years my light would go on. But my car ran fine. And the light would go out.

Well the light came back on on Friday. Only this time? My car wasn't driving right. There was this herking and jerking motion. Not a good feeling when you're behind the wheel.

So I made the appointment to have someone who knows a lot more about cars than me look at it.

And then proceeded to freak out and assume the worst. And imagined a hugely expensive car repair bill.

Turns out I needed some valve replaced and a tune-up. Throw in an oil change and my car was back to running normal. Only bad thing is it set me back $398.

That's a lot of race entries and running shoes.

2 comments:

Suzy said...

Oh, the dreaded check engine light! I hope your car is running better today.

Carolina John said...

$400 isn't too bad in the long run. Kelley's car is waiting until we can get the steering rack replaced (whatever that is) for $750. I hate cars.