Saturday, April 7, 2012

Miles, movies and margaritas

Talk about a good Saturday.

It all started with an early morning run with two good friends that I logged a crazy number of miles with last year. I had plans to meet up with Peggy and Jeff at Plamann Park this morning for a run. I haven't seen Peggy in a few weeks and haven't seen Jeff since he moved away to Ohio in December.

When my alarm went off at 6:30 I was a little bit worried, especially when The Weather Channel was telling me it was 30 degrees out with a wind chill of 26. Say what? I was a little a nervous that I'd end up frozen, especially since I didn't have a jacket with me and the only bottoms I had were a pair of shorts or a pair of capris. I threw on a long sleeved shirt and the capris and crossed my fingers I wouldn't freeze.

It actually ended up being quite nice out. I ditched the long sleeves by Mile 5 and was comfortable throughout the run. I'm convinced The Weather Channel was wrong.

The run itself wasn't spectacular. My IT band started getting cranky around Mile 5 and my pace started to slow. I was mentally struggling. But what made it so much better was the fact that I was running with two good friends. The conversation was flowing and the miles were ticking off. By the time we were done we had finished 8 miles.

After we got done with our run, we grabbed a picnic table and just chatted about everything from bacon to lawn mowers to running. Then we made plans to meet up later in the afternoon to catch The Hunger Games and afterwards get some food and drink.

The movie? Wow. Good stuff. Yes, I shed a few tears during the scene with Rue. Yes. I will most likely purchase the movie when it comes out on DVD. The only downside, we managed to walk in just a few minutes late and missed the preview for Breaking Dawn Part II.

Afterward there was Mexican food and margaritas consumed and much more talking and laughing. And of course we discussed plans for the upcoming road trip to Ohio next month.

Such a good day.

2 comments:

James said...

Mexican food and margaritas. YUM!

palexander75 said...

agreed, it was a great day! I wish they came along more often.