Thursday, March 8, 2012

Three Things Thursday

1. Things I learned this week: Putting off the weekend long run until Sunday afternoon isn't the best idea. Especially when you don't have outdoor running gear and have to run 99 laps on an indoor track in order to get your 9 mile run in without killing yourself on the treadmill. But that's what I did.

I paid for it Monday with achy legs, that got even more achy since I spent Monday through Wednesday sitting on an uncomfortable courtroom bench covering a murder trial for work. Hard benches, long hours sitting in one place coupled with very bad hydration (word to the wise, I've learned to limit my water intake when I'm in a courtroom all day since judges control when you get bathroom breaks) probably didn't help with recovery. So ultimately it was probably a good thing I didn't get to run.

2. But the jury took 30 minutes to return a verdict Wednesday and I got out of work at a normal hour! First thing I did? Run. I would have loved to log some miles outside, since it was 60 degrees and sunny. In Wisconsin. In March. But there were the steady 30 mile hour winds that almost blew me off the courthouse steps to contend with. So I headed inside. And the run felt good. Second thing I did (after scarfing down some dinner), I started watching Season 1 of Gossip Girl. Yes, I think I've found my new guilty pleasure.

3. Can't wait for this weekend. I'm heading down to Madison to meet up with some of my Ragnar Chicago teammates. We've got plans for a 6-mile run on Saturday followed by food and getting to know each other. I'm pretty sure there will be lots of talk about our upcoming Ragnar adventure! Can't wait.

2 comments:

Carolina John said...

Have a great weekend! Ragnar prep!

Unknown said...

ohhh, I MUST check out Gossip Girl. I wasn't a big fan of the books, but I think the show would be better.