Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Tis the season for challenges!

So what better way to stay accountable through the holiday season other than signing up for some challenges?

In addition to my 1,000 mile for the year goal, I'm going to be involved in two other challenges (well, there's a possibility of a third, but the details are still be worked out on that one) - the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge and the Pile on the Miles Challenge.


Let's talk booties first. The Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge - or HBBC for short - is hosted by Amanda over at Run to the Finish. You earn points for things like running, eating your vegetables, and other forms of cardio and log your points for chances to win some pretty sweet prizes. This will be my third year participating in the challenge and I plan to throw up a weekly wrap up blog post for point totals. The challenge runs Nov. 19 through Jan. 6, so there's still plenty of time to sign up if you're interested. Go here and follow the directions. Come and join us!


Pile on the Miles...this should fit in well with my 1,000 mile goal. The challenge is hosted by Monica of Eat Run Repeat and the premise is simple. Rack up miles running and walking instead of packing on the pounds during the month of November. Log at least 5 miles per week and get entered into drawings. Go to this post for rules and how to sign up.

So what are you waiting for? Go pile up some miles and bust your booties! I know I'm pretty excited.

1 comment:

Sweet and Savory by Sarah said...

I have signed up for both of these challenges as well! Should be fun!