Wednesday, October 5, 2011

October could be another good month!

Remember all the good stuff I had going in September? A Labor Day 5K, Ironman Wisconsin spectating, a monster PR at Fox Cities?

Well October looks like it could be just as fun.
It all starts this weekend. When the calendar flips over to October it seems like everything turns pink. And for a good reason: It's Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Well, this year I'm going to publicly do something to try to raise awareness. I'm riding in the 25-mile Trek Breast Cancer Awareness Ride on Saturday morning with Peggy. Like so many other people, it's a disease that's affected my family. My grandmother passed away from the disease when I was 4. So I figure riding 25 miles this weekend, decked out in pink, is the least I can do. Plus it's supposed to be gorgeous.





Then next weekend? This Badgergirl is heading to Camp Randall! Yup! I'm going to see Wisconsin beat up on Indiana with Renee on Oct. 15. So. Excited. And it's homecoming. Yay!

And don't forget Halloween. But that weekend I'm also running the YMCA Freaky 5K. And I'm going to have fun with it. Yes. I'm running in a costume. Can't wait.

There will also be reading. And running, gotta keep chasing that 1,000 mile goal for the year. And while the month isn't quite as chock full of goodness as September was, I still think it'll be a pretty good month.



1 comment:

Carolina John said...

October is always my favorite month, with November running a close second. Enjoy it!