Monday, October 3, 2011

Not much substance here


Badgers. Packers. Brewers.

Sigh. That my friends was an amazing weekend in Wisconsin sports. But even with all of those great games to watch, I did get a few other things done this weekend. A long run on Sunday. Putting together the perfect pink outfit for a Saturday event (which I'll tell you more about later this week). And enjoying this Indian summer that we're getting here in Wisconsin.

Today was a day off of running. But like I said, we're having some pretty spectacular weather here in Wisconsin for early October. Upper 60s to lower 70s. Sun. Great weather. So instead of letting this stuff go to waste, when I got home I changed my clothes and hopped on my bike for a short ride before it got too dark. I ended up getting in a 45 minute ride, about 8 miles at an easy pace. I felt nice to change it up and hit the road on my bike instead of for a run. The one thing I realized though? When it's 65 degrees outside, you can totally get away with a t-shirt and shorts and be comfortable. But when you're on the bike? A short-sleeved t-shirt is a bit chilly. Oops. Oh well. It was still a good bike ride.

3 comments:

Run with Jess said...

You are the ultimate Wis sports fan! :)
Thank goodness the Bucks weren't playing, huh?!

Carolina John said...

Yea it's time to throw the long sleeves on for a bike ride - even down here.

Glad you had such a fun weekend! I also enjoyed all the Wisconsin sports.

Jen @ Run for Anna said...

I'll be in Wisconsin this weekend...can't wait to run in the Midwest fall weather. And, yes, this weekend was amazing for Wisconsin sports fans!! :)