Saturday, October 1, 2011

September reading recap

Welcome to October.

It's a big day here in Wisconsin. You knows. Brewers. Badgers. And at some point I need to fit in a run - since it was a "feels like" temperature of 35 this morning and I didn't pack clothes for that kind of cold, I had to push it back. But first, I give you a quick monthly reading recap. Because I've been reading.

In September I finished five books for 1,572 pages. That brings the yearly totals to 21 books and 8,317 pages. Compare that to last year when I had finished 26 books and 9,362 pages by the end of September. I still have that pesky goal of 40 books by the end of the year. I'm just over halfway with only three months remaining in the year! I need to average 6.3 books per month to finish with 40. Eek! It'll be tough, but it might be doable. Might.

So what'd I read in September? Take a look.

A Stolen Life: A Memoir by Jaycee Dugard
Flawless by Sara Shepard
Perfect by Sara Shepard
Unbelievable by Sara Shepard
Wicked by Sara Shepard

Do you see a theme here? Yes, I knocked out four straight books in the Pretty Little Liars series. Yes. It's a series aimed at teens - four prep school girls from a swanky Pennsylvania suburb who are tormented by a stalker they initially thought was their dead friend. But guys, it's good. Sucks you in. Can't stop reading them. I've got three more to read - that I know of - and I can't wait to finish them.

So you can beat there will be some more Pretty Little Liars reading in October. And I've got a couple others sitting on my shelf that came in at the library. And of course they're all due back by Oct. 25, which means October should be a pretty busy month reading-wise.

2 comments:

Suzy said...

I am right there with you because books written for teens are one of my guilty pleasures. There is nothing wrong with reading them! They are books too.

RunToTheFinish said...

ok I am pretty big fan of series books so...now I've got to go get this!!