Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The blog is back!

Tap, tap, tap. Is this thing on?

I think I've fixed my computer issues. Or at least fixed them enough for my computer to be functional for another couple of months so that I can get a nice check from the tax man to buy myself a new computer. At least I hope it'll hold out until then.

Anyway.

You didn't miss much while I wasn't blogging. Not only was I not blogging, I wasn't really running either. I think the last nine months of pushing myself for those half marathon PRs finally caught up to me. I just wanted a break. To not have to worry if I missed a run or didn't log a long run over the weekend if I didn't feel like it. I just wanted to run when I felt like running.

And honestly, I didn't feel like running much. It was so infrequent that I'm on pace to hit my lowest mileage month of the year. And it will be a bit of a scary low number. Of course that kind of puts a wrench in my plans to hit 1,000 miles for the year and as a result I'm going to need some major mileage months during November and December to hit that goal. Gulp.

But I think I might be back on track. I ran tonight. I wasn't sure how far it was going to be. I have been feeling good - battling a wanna-be cold and this nasty headache that has refused to leave my head for the last few days - but after I was done with work tonight, I made myself hit the YMCA treadmill (it was windy, colder and on and off rain). At first I was shooting for 3 miles. Then I made myself hit 4. And honestly I was feeling good, so I aimed for 6. And I did it. Hopefully this means I'm back on track with the running.

I do have a couple of blog posts in mind to catch you up on what's been going on. I'm crossing my fingers I can get to them in the next week. And as long as my computer behaves, I just might be able to get them posted.

It's good to be back!

3 comments:

James said...

Welcome back. I hope the resting time was great.

Sweet and Savory by Sarah said...

Glad to have found you on the fleet feet facebook page! I'm also a local runner!

sweetandsavorybysarah.blogspot.com

Carolina John said...

I'm still pissed off that the badgers lost on saturday. that is all.