Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The sweat just kept dripping

I was dripping. It felt like I had just stepped out of the shower.

But I hadn't.

Nope.

I'd just finished a 2-mile run after work. It was sunny and warm out today, with temperatures in the mid-70s. But it felt nice out. So I ran, my last run before High Cliff on Saturday. I didn't think that 20 minutes after I put my running shoes on I'd be dripping and sweat would be rolling down my face, getting into my eyes and making them sting so bad I couldn't keep them open.

But I was.

And you know what? I liked it. Made me remember what it was like to run in the summer. And how good I felt afterward, knowing I had just accomplished something. Looking forward to more of those feelings next week when the weather's supposed to be even more summer-like.

3 comments:

teacherwoman said...

The humidity is horrible here today! Glad you enjoyed the sweaty run!

Runner Leana said...

Good luck on your race this weekend!

Carolina John said...

got the last run down, now just have to rest up for the big race. good luck!