Monday, June 1, 2009

May Reading Recap

The end of the month has passed, so it's time to check in on the reading progress.

It's getting a bit better. More pages are getting read, but I'm still really far behind where I normally am in terms of numbers.

In May I finished four books and 1,154 pages. That brings the yearly total to 12 books and 5,476 pages. Compare that to last year, when I had read 21 books and 6,617 pages by the time the end of May rolled around. Nine fewer books and 1,141 fewer pages.

I still blame it on my decision to read Gone With the Wind. Oh well. It was a good read. One I'm glad I tackled.

Anyway. What'd I read in May? Take a look.

The Innocent Man by John Grisham
The Well of Lost Plots by Jasper Fforde
Life of Pi by Yann Martel
Why They Killed Big Boy and Other Stories by Michael Perry

I really enjoyed Life of Pi. It was one of those books that I had been considering reading for the past year. But every time I picked it up and read the back cover, I came up with a reason to read something else. I finally read it this month and enjoyed it a lot. Made me think when I finished it. I'd recommend reading it if you haven't already.

2 comments:

Bethany K. Warner said...

are you still liking Jasper Fforde?

And read Andrew Davidson's "The Gargoyle." Top notch... and somebody compared it to Life of Pi.

teacherwoman said...

Looks like some good reads!